Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas 2013

It’s hard to believe the craziness of the Holiday’s are almost over.  Though I’m not much of a winter-kinda-gal, I do love the feel that the week of Christmas time brings!  This year was especially fun since Dafney was able to interact and sort of get what all comes with Christmas (& yes, I understand that Christmas is more than receiving gifts)!  We spent Christmas with my parents, sister & brother-in-law.  Since we’re still living with my parents, we didn’t have to go anywhere Christmas Day. 



Christmas Eve was fairly low key.  Hubby had to work – so Dafney, my Mom and I spent some time in the kitchen making & decorating cookies for Santa!  



This was the first year that Dafney was able to help us with cookie decorating…and let me tell you, she LOVED it!  Some of the cookies were, shall I say, a bit on the sugar-y side, but they tasted great none-the-less! 



Dafney’s definition of decorating might have been a bit different than mine, but she got the job done and she only used about 4 bottles of sprinkles to make 5 cookie sheets of cookies!




Thankfully Santa really enjoys a lot of sugar & sprinkles on His cookies...and so does a certain little girl ;)





Christmas Eve we had some steak sandwiches and played A Deer in the Headlights!  It's a really fun, no-brainer type game!  We also let Dafney open a few of her gifts from us since we knew she would be completely over-loaded on Christmas Day with gifts.  She's become a pro at opening presents!



On Christmas Day, we took Dafney downstairs to see what Santa brought her.  She kept saying "no Santa, no toys".  But, when she saw what Santa brought, I think she forgot how "scary" Santa was :)


After my sister & brother-in-law got to my parents house, we handed out gifts and opened them!  It was so much fun to watch Dafney open her gifts.  She had so many that she stopped about 3/4 of the way through...


...she did however, LOVE the train set she received from my parents!!  CHO CHO


And we even were able to get a family photo...


I was comparing this year's family photo with the past 2 years and I just can't believe how much Dafney has grown.  You can barely see her in our first Christmas photo!


Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and were able to spend it with loved ones & friends!  Here's to a wonderful 2014!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment