Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Chicken & Veggie Spring Rolls

I've been thinking a lot lately about this blog and how I want to incorporate more of a "foodie" feel to it.  And, though I'd love to start fresh with a new blog dedicated to all things food, I just don't have tons of time right now.  So, in the essence of time, I'd like to start incorporating more food posts into the mix of things {and NO, this is not some sort of funny April Fools Day joke :)}.  Yes, I still plan to write about other important/fun things in my life, but I hope to start posting a couple food recipes each week.  From there, we'll see where things take me & this blog!

Chicken & Veggie Spring Rolls




The other night I was really craving something healthy and something "fresh".  With the dreary weather we've been having, I really wanted to think Spring and warm weather, which is why Spring Rolls came to mind!  

Since I didn't actually measure out my ingredients {hmm...great way to start off my first food post, huh}, I'll just let you know what I threw in these bad boys and some very approximate measurements!

Key Players
~ 1-1.5 cups diced chicken {I used some leftover chicken breasts that I'd had from the night before}
~ 1-2 carrots, peeled and cut julienne style
~ 1-2 cucumbers, peeled and cut julienne style
~ 1-2 avocados, sliced
~ 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
~ a handful of rice noodles
~ a couple teaspoons of peanut butter {I used creamy}
~ a couple teaspoons of low sodium soy sauce
~ a teaspoon of rice wine vinegar
~ about a half teaspoon of sesame oil
~ 6 sheets of rice paper

Key Instructions
~ Cook rice noodles according to the package instructions

~ Mix the other ingredients in a large bowl {minus the rice paper & avocado}

~ Prepare the rice paper according to the instructions

~ Place the prepared rice paper on your work space and fill with a spoonful of your cooked noodles & a couple spoonfuls of the filling & top with your avocado slices

~ Roll them up like a burrito!  I folded in the sides and rolled it up tightly.

They were really tasty and totally "spring-like"!  More importantly, they were hubby AND child approved :)



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment