Thursday, May 1, 2014

Bakin Friends - APRIL!


Happy April…yes, it is April; although, you wouldn't believe it considering there’s been some {gulp} SNOW flakes making an appearance today.  I’m convinced it’s going to get warm SOON.  Thankfully, this month’s Bakin Friend treat reminded me of warmth & sunny-ness!  The secret ingredient was LEMON!  Lemon is SO refreshing and one of my favorite spring/summer flavors!  I figured at least my taste buds could feel Spring-y! 

This month I was paired with Shanna!  She sent me some AMAZING lemon-y cookies.  They were so soft and completely BURSTING with flavor!  I love a little cookie that packs a huge punch of flavor.  Seriously, these did NOT disappoint.  And, aren’t the freakin’ cute!?  Almost too cute to eat.  ALMOST. 



I loved the frosting that was on top and the softness & chewy-ness of the cookie.  I might have had half the bag in one sitting.  Don’t judge!  I guarantee if had a bite of one of these cookies, you’d eat half of them too! 



Thank you, Shanna for the delicious cookies!  I’m excited to bake some up myself…and I hope YOU do, too!



Of course, I forgot the recipe at home, so I will update this later with the recipe!
~~ 
Interested in joining the Bakin’ Friends group?  Email me at leahmarie.mackenzie@gmail.com for details or to sign up!  Keep in mind the deadline to sign up for May is 11:59pm May 5th!  Matches will be sent out to those participating on May 6th!


Excited to get the May edition going!

And, a quick shout out to the Minnesota Wild!  They WON the 7th game in OVERTIME, advancing them to the next round and bringing them one step closer to the Stanley Cup!  Way to go WILD!


No comments:

Post a Comment