Monday, December 15, 2014

Baby #2!

It's hard to believe we're already at twenty one weeks in this pregnancy.  Actually, that first trimester was ROUGH, so I'm happy to be past that and feeling better!  I was SO sick in the beginning that I didn't have any energy to even think about writing a post about #2, so this might be a long one...

We found out on a Friday [way back in August] that we were expecting!  I just had that feeling that I was, so we took a family trip to Target to pick up a "test".  Sure enough...2 VERY bright lines showed up :)  I was happy...and nervous.  I didn't want to get myself to excited and wanted to take things one day at a time.  

From the time we found out until about week 5, I felt pretty good. No weird cravings, no aversions to any foods, pretty normal energy levels...so far so good!  

By about weeks 6-7, I could tell that I was already starting to feel pretty nauseous.  I felt nauseous with Dafney, so I wasn't all that surprised.  I was tired, but it wasn't horrible...YET.  Most foods were alright to eat, but nothing really tasted good.  

Just a few days after the 7 week mark, we went in for an early ultrasound.  To say I was completely nervous would be the understatement of the year.  I was terrified.  I prayed that we'd see baby's heartbeat and that all would like fine.  We met with the Nurse first and she tried to find the heartbeat, but no luck...she figured the baby was just to small yet, so we went in for our Ultrasound.  To our amazement, we immediately say the heartbeat fluttering away!  It was the greatest thing these eyes have seen in a LONG time!

The coming weeks were a challenge.  I was completely nauseous and exhausted.  Seriously.  By about weeks 8-9, I was having a hard time keeping food & liquids down.  So much in fact that I had to go to the Hospital to have an IV of fluids to keep me from getting dehydrated.  I was also given a prescription for some magical pills...otherwise known as anti-nausea medicine!  Those little pills were a LIFESAVER!  I had to take them about every 5 hours and if I didn't it was almost guaranteed that I'd be sick.  So I kept a strict schedule which helped keep that horrible nauseous feeling at bay.  Like I said, the pills were magical!

Just before week 11, we had our first "official" appointment.  And, even better, we finally got to hear baby's heartbeat!  It was amazing!  I was still not feeling the best and was constantly tired, but most importantly, all was well with our babe.  

Just after week 14, we had another appointment and another Ultrasound.  This time...to make sure there weren't TWO little ones in my belly.  The Dr. thought I was measuring rather large [awesome...something every pregnant lady wants to hear], so she had us do an Ultrasound to ensure all was good.  And, thankfully, there was only ONE sweet, baby in there!  Measuring a few days ahead of where we were, but nothing alarming.  It's always fun to be able to see the baby, so the Ultrasound was fun added bonus to our appointment...even if our blood pressure shot through the roof momentarily :)

By about week 15, I was finally feeling "good".  I was still a bit tired, but had hardly any nausea...[queue the confetti and party hats]!  My only concern was that I was 15 weeks along and still hadn't gained an ounce.  I know, probably most pregnant ladies dream, but I was nervous that it meant baby wasn't growing properly, but at the time, my Dr. had no concerns.  So, I rolled with it as best I could...and I took my first baby bump picture :)


..and then I forgot to take another one until week 19.  Definitely got bigger in those 4ish weeks!


At week 20, I was starting to feel human again.  I didn't have the feeling like I needed to nap constantly, no signs of nausea...hip-hip-hooray!


We had our 20 week Ultrasound at 20.5 weeks.  We decided not to find out the gender of the baby, so it will be a fun surprise when he/she decides to greet us with their presence :)  The Ultrasound went really well and everything checked out with baby.  We can already tell that he/she is going to be ADORABLE just like his/her sister!!


...seriously, that little face...squeal!

So, here I am, 21 weeks and I'm finally getting around to posting about the babe!  

How I'm feeling:  Great!  Seriously, anything is an improvement over how I felt 10 weeks ago...I'm finally at the stage where I'm absolutely LOVING this pregnancy!

Cravings:  Nothing really comes to mind.  There are times when I crave sweets and times when I crave salty foods.  There's not one thing that I'm constantly craving.

Aversions:  Nothing!  I can eat pretty much anything I want...although, I haven't been up for much Mexican type food after a little incident with Mexican food around week 14 [I won't gross you out bore you with the details.  

Weight gain:  I think I'm up about 5 pounds.  Although, I've never been one to really scrutinize the numbers on the scale, especially when I'm pregnant.

Favorite moment thus far:  I have 2...the 20 week ultrasound and hearing that everything looks good with the baby and feeling the baby's little kicks & jabs!  Ugh, I LOVE feeling them.

My gender guess:  Alright, I really have no idea and I really don't care as long as he/she is healthy.  But, the 2 dreams I've had about the baby were both that it was a boy.  But the more and more I think about it, I'm certain we're destined to have a house full of girls, so if I had to guess, I'd say girl :)

Alright, I think I've made this post long enough...now that we're up to speed, I hope to write weekly about the baby and our progress, fun weekly moments, etc!  

Oh and one last thing...a BIG birthday shout out to my sweet, funny, lovable HUBBY!  Hope you're reading this you have a wonderful birthday!!  LOVE YOU!!



No comments:

Post a Comment